Monday, March 19, 2012

I wasn't as sick as you

Ok so I apologize that I have not written in almost 10 months, sorry life just happened. Funny though, I don't feel 10 months older :)...anywho, I just passed almost 2 weeks of virus hell, and it's still not over. We went for our yearly family trip to Florida and when we came back (I still felt like it wasn't really a vacation..and maybe that's because I went with the kids...and my husband. :)the virus' began.

Two days after we came back from our vacation my older son started. Fever, chills, sniffles, cough..you get my point. And because he is a "man in the making" all he did was moan and groan and cry and whine and whine and moan and groan, (well you get my point) for days. Don't get me wrong, I felt horrible for him. In fact I even slept in his bed at night to comfort him while he was up moaning and groaning and whining and crying. lol.

See when one of my kids get sick in the house I always cringe. I cringe because I know that all 4 will get whatever the first one brought home. But see where I cringe the most...is that I know that soon, along with my 4 children getting sick...so will my wonderful and ever so loving husband. If you are married then you totally understand what I am talking about.

The Nyquil brand produced a very smart commercial recently. "Pam...can you call my mom??" That was a brilliant commercial that spoke about the ever so popular "man cold". Anyway, so as I was saying...my husband was the second to get this virus. And for some very odd reason, I just didn't feel as sympathetic for him as I did for my 10 year old son..lol.

I guess it's because if you are anything like me, when you get sick you pop extra strength Tylenol, sip some Green Tea and get on with your day. You don't get to complain, you just do whatever it is you do.

So anyway, after a few nights of me sleeping in my sons bed, comforting him, taking his temperature, putting cold cloths on his forehead I felt very exhausted. But just the same, I went to work, came home, made dinner, cleaned the dishes, took my daughter to piano, and finally, I put all four children to bed. As my butt touched the couch I hear something from upstairs??? Thinking I am hearing things I continue to watch TV. Again hearing something...I finally press the mute button and then I hear it..my husbands' voice of panic for me to come upstairs. Well of course I got up quickly not knowing if it's one of my kids, did they fall off the bed? did one of them vomit? what the heck is going on?? As I get upstairs I go into my bedroom and ask my husband, "What is it? what happen? what's wrong?" He then says.."Oh please help me...I think I am going to die"...LOL...LOL....except I didn't feel like laughing then, I actually felt like slowly placing the big heavy down filled pillow over his nasal passage...lol..but I knew that would only cause more problems..lol..so instead I did what Jesus would do........I told him he wasn't going to die because he still had to stay alive to witness the wonderful years of teenage life with our kids because I wasn't going through that alone, and then I told him he had the flu and it was probably more likely than not, it would go away, and then I marched downstairs boiled some water and put a Neo Citron packet in a mug and brought it upstairs to his helpless body. I then said "Goodnight" closed the door to our room and went to sleep in the spare bed.

The next morning I went to check on my "Woodbridge Patient" and he was feeling much better. He was so thankful that God allowed him to live..lol...(ok maybe I am exaggerating a little). He then noticed me grabbing a tissue and blowing my nose. He turned to me and asked in a very sincere tone, he asked, "Oh no, are you getting sick too?" I smiled, turned my head and said, "Honey, I have been sick for 3 days already..I am actually getting better." He looked at me very confused? How could I have been sick and not know it? And anyone who has a husband can all the say the same response...."Honey that's because, I wasn't as sick as you."

No comments:

Post a Comment