Friday, August 28, 2009

It all began in 1974

So this is my first entry in my blog. I am new to this and I am pretty excited. Who would have thought that in 2009 we would be able to post our personal thoughts for the entire world to see. It all began October 11 1974 when i was brought into this world by my 2 very excited parents. I am the third girl in the Colosimo clan so I was probably the biggest disappointment in my Dads life, but I guess that is why I am his favourite now ( my 3 sisters will agree). Anyway not to bore all of you i guess you can say that i turned out alright. I ended up getting married to a man from La Belle Provence Montreal 10 years this October. We have 4 beautiful kids (at the risk of sounding like all my other mommy friends who say they have beautiful kids), like seriously, who would ever say..I have 4 butt ugly kids..i still have not heard that yet. So anyway i have an 8 year old son Joseph, a 5 year old Maria-Alicia and twins that are almost 15 months old (Jenna and Michael). The perfect little clan of 6. Now the reason I began this blog is because i have a lot to say and I want to get it all off my chest. (which is about to be beautifully adjusted by the help of some saline and a really great plastic surgeon..well in about 2 years). So I have this problem with moms from my moms day compared to moms of todays. Come to think of it, I have problems with moms today too..lol..I guess problem is too strong of a word..I will say I have some "issues" with some "issues" of yesterday and today. If you talk to my mother (whom i love and adore and respect) than she will give you this whole speal(slang word for bit) of her life and how it was hard and they didnt have a car and she was a SAHM..(acronym for Stay At Home Mom). She did as great job in raising 4 kids and all but you know what, all moms were the same back then..us moms of today are just spoiled and its all their fault..lol..thats what all kids do ,blame their mothers for everything. So she yaps and yaps about long walks to school and slaving and living on 1 income and bla bla bla and i say ya well at least you were able to let your frustrations out on us and beat us..us moms on the other hand, we so much as raise our voice to our creatures and Child Service is on your doorstep..let me ask you this Child Service..where were you when i got a slipper off the head, or when my mother broke her wooden spoon on my rear end..mmhm...we just sucked it up ate our broccoli and took the beating..so mom I love you but we are raising kids worse than we were..slippers are used for slippers and wooded spoons are used to stir our sauce. Speaking of sauce, I was raised in a very strict Italian Calabrese household (me and my 2 married sisters married Calabrese) its like we have our own cult..and food for us was very important. Tomatoes in the Fall, and Sausages in the Winter...i love it and plan on carrying the torch of recipes to my kids and all who will listen. Since i love to cook and i am damn good at it, I will be including a daily Calabrese "a la Casaretcha" (dont know if it is spelt correctly but it means really flipping italian Calabrese recipe. You can try to make it you can not..i dont care because at the end of the day I am a Mom of 4 and you can or cant listen to me Roar..that is my "peace" for today.
Here is recipe numero uno
Preserved Hot Chili Peppers in Oil
Green or Red Hot Chili Peppers
Salt
Olive Oil

Cut all the stems of the peppers and place them in a Cusinart. Pulse until cut small. Remove and place in Collander (or a scula pasta)and place on another bowl, salt all over and leave overnight for water to drip in bowl. Next day drain all the water out of the bowl and the peppers by pressing through a dish towel (or a mapina), dress with olive oil and throw some pieces of garlic toss and turn and put into jars. Make a small hole and throw more Olive Oil to coat all peppers and top again with Olive Oil.

Enjoy this really Calabrese Hot jarred peppers and let me know how they came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment